Who We Are
The GFWC Naples Woman’s Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the Naples area community through philanthropic activities and volunteer service. We have 300 members and meet monthly October through April of each year. We host a number of educational and charitable events during the year and promote friendship among women in addition to our philanthropic and volunteer programs. The Club is non-partisan and non-denominational.
We have been a proud member of the General Federation of Woman’s Clubs (GFWC), an international organization of woman’s clubs dedicated to volunteer service, since 1949.
The Naples Woman’s Club (NWC) was founded in 1932 and had a clubhouse on 11th Street, donated by two of its founding members. The organization was a significant contributor to the early development of Naples, including founding the first library, hosting the founding meetings of the Naples Garden Club, and helping develop Youth Haven, a youth shelter. The Club also supported the first medical services in the community. The organization has continued to contribute to the Collier County community for over 90 years, and moved to its new clubhouse on Park Street, just off 5th Avenue, in 1951.
In 1949, the NWC joined the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, one of the oldest and largest association of clubs in the US and abroad. The NWC is one of the largest clubs in the state of Florida and participates in events with a local district of clubs as well as the GFWC of Florida.
Each year the club raises funds to support college and vocational
For a detailed history and the community contributions by year, you may view our historical archives.